Asana Custom Fields
Asana Custom Files Explained
Asana Custom Fields is a feature that allows teams to add custom data to tasks and projects, such as cost, priority, or customer information. This feature allows teams to organize and track their work in a way that is specific to their needs, and can help teams to make better-informed decisions.
There are several types of custom fields that teams can use in Asana:
- Text: Allows teams to add text-based data to tasks and projects, such as customer names, project titles, or task descriptions.
- Number: Allows teams to add numerical data to tasks and projects, such as budget, hours worked, or priority level.
- Date: Allows teams to add date-based data to tasks and projects, such as start and end dates, due dates, or project completion dates.
- Dropdown: Allows teams to add predefined options to tasks and projects, such as task status, project phase, or team member.
- Checkbox: Allows teams to add Boolean data to tasks and projects, such as whether a task is complete, whether a project is on track, or whether a team member is available.
Asana Custom Fields can be beneficial to companies in several ways:
- Improved organization: Asana Custom Fields allows teams to organize and track their work in a way that is specific to their needs, which can help teams to stay organized and on track.
- Better decision making: Asana Custom Fields allows teams to make better-informed decisions, by providing teams with access to additional data and information.
- Increased efficiency: Asana Custom Fields allows teams to automate repetitive tasks and streamline workflows, which can save time and effort and improve efficiency.
- Improved communication: Asana Custom Fields allows teams to send notifications to team members, which can improve communication and ensure that everyone is informed about important tasks and updates.
An example of custom fields can be:
- For a task, a custom field of “priority” can be added, with values of “High”, “Medium”, and “Low”.
- For a project, a custom field of “budget” can be added with a numerical value in dollars.
- For a team member, a custom field of “availability” can be added with a dropdown of values “Available”, “Unavailable”, “On leave”.
Asana Custom Fields can be used to trigger rules based on their values. For example, a rule can be set up to automatically assign a task to a specific team member if the task’s priority custom field value is “High”. Additionally, a rule can be set up to send a notification to the team leader if the task’s budget custom field value exceeds a certain threshold.
This page has been archived.
© Getz Pro ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The use of this solution, concept, story, intellectual property is prohibited without express written permission.
Ready to Start a Project?
© 2021 Getz Pro ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.